The OCC is a central, on-site IT support entity that proactively monitors the productive SAP environment (non-SAP applications can be also included). SAP recommends setting up a physical room within the IT support organization.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]An Operations Control Center consists of:[/vc_column_text][dt_gap][dt_vc_list]
- A set of central monitors and dash-boards, which permanently report the status of the business processes and related IT landscapes
- An infrastructure, which pro-actively monitors the solution 24×7 without manual effort, and which triggers and correlates alerts in case of problems. The alerts are bundled in an alert inbox.
- Another line of support regrouping a small team of operators, who work on the alerts in a standardized way:
- By performing pre-configured simple analysis procedures (Guided Procedures)
- Or converting the alert into an incident / service request for processing by the next level support.
- A continuous optimization process to approach in a structured way pain points which are really hurting the business and/or IT by:
- Identifying areas of improvements
- Establishing KPIS and measurement goals for each area of improvements
- Managing the necessary optimization initiatives
- Monitoring the achievements and defining new areas of improvements